Easy Tips in Making an Herb Garden Design
Making your own herb garden design does not require professional skills. Even if you are a novice or a beginner in making an herb garden design or in herb gardening generally, you can still do it. Originally herb gardens were made before just for 2 main purposes, 1.) Medicinal Purposes and 2.) Culinary Purposes. And herb gardens during early times were made with traditional and formal herb garden design. However, if you are planning in making your own herb garden design, you do not have to follow the traditional herb garden design or formal herb garden design. You can make your own herb garden design, according to your creativity and imagination.
Steps in Making an Herb Garden Design
- Before starting to make your herb garden design, you have to determine or make a list of all the herbs you want to plant on your herb garden. If you already know the herbs you want to plant, you will then have to determine their colors, special needs, and how big can they grow. Being able to determine these things, you will be able to properly choose a location where all your herbs can thrive well.
- Choose a location where there is enough sun exposure, proper drainage, and enough space where all your herbs can grow. Once you already found a location with all the basic needs for the survival of all your herbs, you can now plan your herb garden design.
- If you plant on making an herb garden design with distinct lines, you can use bricks or gravel as markers. Gravel and/or bricks can help you visualize your herb garden design. If you find something wrong with your herb garden design, you can easily adjust the markers where you want it placed.
- You should base your herb garden design on how big or tall the herbs you have chosen to plant. Prevent overcrowding of herbs in your herb garden, since overcrowding can cause reduction in air circulation in your herb garden. If you plan on planting herbs with different sizes, make sure that you plant small or short herbs on the sides and tall herbs at the center, so that all your herbs can receive sunlight equally.
- If you do not want to plant your herbs directly on the ground, you can use small containers or large containers where you will plant your herbs. If you plan on making an herb garden design using containers, you can choose containers with different colors, sizes, styles, and shapes to help in making your herb garden design more artistic and pleasing to the eyes.